Many, many rivets have been added. I think that they really add something and break up the flat surfaces. If also added windows, doors and steps. I’ve also changed the rocket launching platform.
Next I’ve got to change a few things and add details to the crane. Then I’ve got to cut the bottom of the model to be level to the waterline.
The texture for the deck has been completed. I’ve also made a crane for loading rockets onto the launcher and a hatch for new rockets to be brought up from the magazine.
Next I’m going to start detailing the hull with panels and rivets.
I’ve added some weapons to the ship.
Next I’m going to add some texture to the deck.
So having worked my way through two course I’ve decided that it is time to use what I’ve learned and make something by myself. Having recently been enticed to have a go at Dystopian Wars I decided to have a go at building a steampunk warship.
I’ve laid out the basic shapes of the hull and started adding a few details like the funnels and large piston driven cog. Next, I think I’ll add some weapons.
Mesh added over the windows. To do this I had to learn how to use the Boolean modifier, definitely going to be useful to know how to do.
The barrels were positioned in the back of the truck using a solid body physics simulation. It took a while but it has placed them more realistically and with no overlaps.
More details have been added. The body panels have been shaped, the wheel arches detailed and mesh added to the front bars.
Better view of the front mesh.
I had fun detailing the gun. Making the barrel piece with the wholes in it taught me some useful lessons about array and curve modifiers.
So the plane is done. Next I’m going to be working through the Modeling a Post Apocalyptic Vehicle course on CG Cookie. Here’s some screenshots of my progress so far.
Blocking basic shapes.
Blocking larger details like barrels and gun. Adding front and rear bumpers. Adding bars to the bumper, roof and back.
Detailing the hubcaps and tyre tread.